Along with proper nutrition and exercise, the keys to a complete and happy self are a calm heart and a sound mind. While meditation and its usage goes further back into human history than many other forms of wellness, it is Mindfulness Meditation that has caught the interest of many a modern woman. Touted as one of the most simple yet effective ways of improving wellbeing, more and more evidence is emerging in support of the practice. It has now reached a point that practicing mindfulness meditation is no longer thought of as an unconventional technique, but a valuable everyday tool instead.
What is Mindfulness Meditation?
Simply, mindfulness is the state of committing to being completely in the present moment, with an open and accepting attitude that does not require elaboration or judgment. The power of mindfulness is found in how it is applied. By paying purposeful attention to the present, with no judgment at all, you are already practicing mindfulness. You will be building greater clarity, awareness and a full acceptance of honest reality that makes us realize how our lives truly unfold.
Whenever you notice that your mind has wandered off into memories, reactions or other thoughts, bring everything back to your base senses. Whatever is happening in the present moment – what you feel, see, hear or taste with your body – is what should anchor you and the focal point of your meditation.
How do I practice Mindfulness Meditation?
Here are some pointers you can follow to build your technique:
- As soon as you wake up each morning, don’t rush out of bed. Pay full attention to your breathing for five breaths.
- Throughout the day, take note of subtle changes in your posture. Be more aware of how you feel when you change positions – from sitting to standing, to walking, and so on.
- Choose a sound as your signal of mindfulness. Be it a ringing phone, a passing car, a hearty laugh, or even the sound of a gust of wind, use this sound to remind you to listen and be fully present
- As you go through your day, take quick moments to pay attention to how you breathe.
- Be more aware when you have conversations. Are you able to listen to someone without planning ahead what you want to reply? Can you continue without having to instantly react or saying you agree or disagree?
- Bring mindfulness to every activity that you do. Try to be more aware when you experience tension or tightness in your body. Once you do, attempt to breathe into it and, once you exhale, release the tension
Silvana’s Girls and Money and Prosperity is a financial and life style publication, Division of Raul E New York, that does not offer any personal financial, health and well-being advice or advocate the purchase of security or investment, supplements, procedures and suggestions for any specific individual. Members should be aware that investment markets have inherent risks and there can be no guarantee of future profits. Any investments recommended by Silvana’s Girls and Money and Prosperity publication should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained in this publication are not intended as a substitute for consulting with your physician. All matters regarding your health require medical supervision. Neither publisher nor author shall be liable or responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information or suggestion in this publication
While the author have made every effort to provide accurate telephone number and internet addresses at the time of publication, neither the publisher nor the author assume any responsibility for errors, or for changes that occur after publication.
Protected by copyright laws of the United States of America and international treaties. The information found on this website may only be used pursuant to the membership or subscription agreement and any reproduction, copying or redistribution (electronic or otherwise, including on the world wide web), in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Raul E New York , 25 Route 111, Unit 318, Smithtown, NY 11787.